Digital marketing is process of selling your products or services on the internet using digital technologies. It has taken the world of marketing by a storm and it will stay strong in the time to come. If you are wishing to explore career opportunities in the world of digital marketing, here is your quick reference guide to help you decide.
1. What does a digital Marketer do?
A digital marketer is a key person in the organization who is responsible to manage the brand presence online and enhance its reach and visibility.
There are 3 main aspects that affect the brand value: content, visuals, and functionality. It means the customers must know about your products and services, policies, and processes through ‘content’ and to get them to read your content, you need to first grab their eyeballs via enticing ‘visuals’, which includes website or social media presence. Finally, when your customer’s clicks on your site, your products and services will make or break the deal.
So, the entire work of the digital marketer is to coordinate among these 3 crucial aspects of branding. To gain more clarity on the functions of a digital marketer, refer below:
- Plan and execute all digital marketing including: SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build, and maintain social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies.
- Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
However, work of the digital marketer is not limited to the above, it can change based on the specific needs of the company.
2. What skills do you need for a career in Digital Marketing?
There are certain skills that the employers look for while hiring a digital marketer, here are a few:
- Editing and writing skills
- Project management skills
- Customer relationship management
- Social media management
- Knowledge of Inbound marketing, SEO
(Search Engine Optimization) and SEM(Search Engine Marketing)
- Business analysis
3. What are the different Job Roles and their salaries?
There are multiple jobs in digital marketing with specific specialization. Here is a list of the most common job profiles and their average starting salary in India as of now:
- Digital Marketing Executive 3.5 – 4 LPA
- Digital Marketing Manager 4.5 – 5 LPA
- Content Marketing Manager 5 – 6 LPA
- SEO Analyst 2.5 – 3 LPA
- Social Media Marketing Expert 4 – 4.5 LPA
- SEO Executive 2.5 – 3 LPA
- Analytics 6.5 – 7 LPA
Please note the salaries are an average estimates. It can vary extensively based on the individual skills and potential, market conditions, location,company and so on.
4. What are the Digital Marketing Trends to watch out in 2019?
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, IoT (Internet of Things), Big Data
- Voice Search, Voice Assistance like Amazon Alexa, Google Home is growing at a rapid phase
- AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) project from Google designed to make really fast mobile pages
- Customer Centric Approach along with Customer-centric marketing
- Social Media management and tracking the changing trends
- Customized Personalized Content will dominate
5. How to Get Started in Digital Marketing?
To gain an in-depth knowledge, we recommend taking a professional course in digital marketing at a graduation or post-graduation level. Rama University offers a comprehensive course, which you can now explore:
- BBA(Digital Marketing)
- B.Com (E-Commerce)
- MBA Digital Business
Rush now to reserve a seat in the course of your choice as Rama University is accepting the application for various courses.