To ensure that no ragging takes place in the University by instituting stringent anti- ragging measures and provisions for strict punishment to defaulters.
Terms of Reference
- Supreme Court Orders
- UGC Draft Regulations and Guidelines
Prohibition of Ragging
- Ragging within the University Campus including its Institutions / Departments and Hostels is strictly prohibited.
- Ragging in any form is prohibited also in the private lodges/buildings where the University students reside.
- No person including students / staff / faculty shall participate or abet or propagate ragging in any form.
Ragging is a cognizable offence under the law and the punishment to be meted out has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent. It may include one or more of the following:-
- Cancellation of admission, suspension, rustication or expulsion from the University / Hostel.
- FIR with the police and arrest.
- Collective punishment may be imposed where involved persons are not identified.
Anti-ragging complaint boxes
Each Faculty and Registrar places Anti-Ragging Complaint Boxes in selected areas in the Departments and in the Hostels for students who may drop in their complaints on any incidence of ragging which has not otherwise been reported for necessary action by the Anti-Ragging Committee / Squads. The complaint Boxes will be emptied daily by the Proctor at 1000 hours.
Anti-Ragging Squad for Rama University
Anti-Ragging Committee for Rama University
Wardens For Different Hostels In Rama University